Welcome to Nancy L. Foreman and Associates
Group Speech Sessions
Sign Up Now For Summer Start
Now that school is almost out, it is time to think about what your kids will be doing this summer. At Nancy Foreman and Associates, language development or articulation groups may be the right choice for your child during summer break. A brief description of the groups:
- Language Development Groups
This small group environment will assist with improving your child's language skills through games, drills, and creative play activities while targeting vocabulary, building grammar skills, sentence structure and pragmatics.
- Articulation Groups
This small group environment will consist of games, hands-on activities and verbal drills all designed to meet the target speech sounds for that particular group. Transition to conversational speech will be a major focus.
- Fluency Groups
We offer several fluency groups where adolescents and adults have the opportunity to learn helpful techniques and practice using them in a comforting and supportive environment with their peers. In addition to learning new techniques, clients will get a chance to increase their knowledge and understanding of stuttering, discuss important issues such as teasing, and role play situations that often cause anxiety for adolescents and adults who stutter, such as oral presentations and talking on the phone.
Give us a call today for more information at: 713-669-8635.
Nancy L. Foreman and Associates offer a free, consultative follow-up visit to all discharged patients after a six-month period to ensure maintenance of previously mastered speech / language goals and objectives.
Nancy Foreman & Associates has provided high quality, professional speech and language therapy at competitive prices for over 20 years in the Houston, Texas area, specifically Bellaire.
- We have a variety of Speech Language Pathologists with years of combined experience and knowledge in a wide variety of communication disorders.
- Our professional staff has experience in evaluation and treatment of the pediatric and adult populations.
- Speech and language therapy includes the treatment of articulation delays / disorders, language delays / disorders, fluency (stuttering), and voice disorders.
- Inability to communicate effectively in social settings
- Slow or stagnant speech development
- Sudden decrease of expressive speech skills
- Limited vocabulary when compared to others in same age group
- Speech that is not understood by family members and/or strangers
- Lacks interest in communicating and/or gets frustrated when attempting to communicate
- Stuttering that fosters a sense of embarrassment and/or difficulty with peers
- Difficulty with sucking, chewing, and/or swallowing
- Excessive drooling
- Consistently hoarse voice
- Not speaking clearly by age 3